Went out to the construction site today and was super stoked to see the progress! Check out the pics below!
Tag Archives: friends for skateparks
Swag On The Way!!!
Berry Hill Skatepark Update (July 2)
I wanted to give you a little update on where things stand with the Berry Hill Skatepark project…
* WHERE WE ARE – Right now, city officials, Dreamland Skateparks, and F4SP are working to determine what actual phases we will be included in the park. This involves some major donation “asks” (which potentially could get us the entire park!) as well as finalizing up any smaller donations (naming bricks) as well as investigating potential gift-in-kind opportunities exist from local construction companies. At some point, probably in the next couple of weeks, this process will be concluded so that the official construction drawings can be completed and construction can begin. At that point it gets a little harder to add a phase–so right now is a crucial point in the project!
As of right now, we are at just shy of $600,000 which would leave us a little short of phase one and two. If things stand where they are, we likely would see a slightly trimmed phase one and two with most of the major elements included. I have a hard time imagining a phase one without phase two and I believe that everyone involved believes phase one and two will be included at a minimum. So over the next couple of weeks all of this will get fine tuned. Our hope is that a major donor will step up to match what we (The City and F4SP) have now! If that happens… we get it all! Let’s hope and pray that someone will rise to the occasion as this will likely be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for our community!
* WE STILL NEED YOUR HELP! – With that said, the number one thing that Friends for Skateparks can do is to acquire “bricks” for the park. $450– You will become a part of history with a 4″ x 8″ commemorative brick that will be incorporated in Lexington’s next skatepark, featuring an inscription of your choice (3 lines; 14 characters per line). $900 – You will become a part of history with an 8″ x 8″ commemorative brick that will be incorporated in Lexington’s next skatepark featuring an inscription of your choice (4-6 lines; 14 characters per line). DONATE NOW HERE!!!
* INDIEGOGO CAMPAIGN CONCLUDES – We concluded our Indiegogo campaign and raised $4,471!!! Thanks to all who supported the effort! Your “perks” will be on their way soon!
* FINAL DESIGN! – here are the drafts…
Please share this update with as many as possible!
More coming soon…
Here Are The Proposed Designs!!!
Below is concept A and concept B presented to us tonight by Dreamland Skateparks. A few things to note.
1. You can still email your thoughts and suggestions to Dreamland for 1 WEEK. Email your suggestions (or encouragments) here: email@example.com Please make sure you fully understand what you are looking at in these designs before you email them. If you have questions then post them and those of us at the meeting will do our best to answer your questions.
2. A lot of good suggestions came from the meeting tonight. There seemed to be a general consensus that moving the snake run out of the middle of the park and making the street area a bit larger would be a good idea.
3. With the communities support over the next two months, there is a very good chance that the park will be larger than these concepts with elements from both being included. Donate HERE!
I will offer my opinions later, but for now, enjoy taking a look!!!